Sunday, January 21, 2018

First post! Catching eels!

I decided that I want to start documenting my adventures and sharing some skills!
Here's my first post on how to easily catch an eel for dinner.
 

This video was part of what i got up to during a 5 day trip to Waiorongomai hut in the Rimutaka forest park here in New Zealand at the end of December 2017.

I was doing bit of reading a few years ago about primitive fish traps and saw this spiral trap design, it appealed to me because i'm kind of obsessed with the fibonacci sequence and sacred geometry.
I've used it a few times now and it's never failed to easily catch eels with about 5 minutes required to build the trap and you don't need any tools or materials other than river rocks or sand.




 The trap ready for baiting, i used some dried lamb meat.


A decent sized eel, about 80cm long


 Cooking it up on the fire with some olive oil and salt and pepper, it fed me for two days.


No comments:

Post a Comment